Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Dark Riders

I attempted yet another exercise to load some realistic/cinematic lighting into the scene, play with textures and paint and close down with final image in less than 6-7 hrs.. almost. I think this one took maybe 7-8, where major chunk was just tinkering with proper adjustments and nailing down the spot-light-alike look.

On a side note, I've notice the more I try to blend phototextures in, the more I learn about weaknesses of my current brushes, since I really want to see brushstrokes bleeding into textures seamlessly. Tons of work ahead in that matter and I can't wait to see what's next to discover!

16 comments:

MOONCHILD said...

hey maciej,this one is a killer one!really fantastic!
you are now my favourite artist:)
wouldlike tosee a wip of this one or a hint at how it was done

take care

n-pigeon said...

O_O I would like to see wip or some hints like MOONCHILD >_>

Zeitwolf said...

awesome composition, I bet you would be a good cameraman or director, too!
(yea, wips would be nice :D)
(do you use brushes with phototextures? I mean, do you use the same phototexture in the brush and in the texture overlay?)

devin platts said...

fuck yeah man! killed it.

killed it dead.

then it rose from the dead.

and...uhm...things happened.
makes me want to touch my body all over.

no. not really.love your work tho dude.

Chun Lo said...

Amazingg!Love the lighting, texture, and noise of the piece...hell I love everything about it! :)

Paweł Łyczkowski said...

Now that is some kickass painting, you are beginning to enter a completely new level.

Daxx said...

this is so realistic, fantastic job:)cant wait for your next work:)

robin_chyo said...

yep. that lighting sure is sexy! nice job, maciej!

Ben Greene said...

Another great piece. I am really looking forward to seeing what you do with the new brush experiments.

mario ucci said...

This one is a jump on your work man. I think you have reached a whole new level here. Absolutely amazing.

Kaïro said...

Unbelievable rendering oO.

Andrew Kim said...

Dude, this one rocks!

jgsketch22 said...

Simply Beautiful!

Ewelina said...

I love YOUR work!!!:)
e.

robh said...

dang, thas' nice

Bryan Wynia said...

Nice dude, this came out great!