Thursday, March 04, 2010

Cut'n'Paste!

I've tried to get some detailed environment with copy pastin' method for base sketch. Took couple of textures and photos, mashed them with overlays etc to get the basic concept and composition I had in my head and moved on from there with getting the whole mess into final shape which you can see above. This is not an usual way I'm doin my compositions, however, it was quite interesting exercise, as from the very beginning the image is bound to details -> meaning any composition changes would hurt on underlayed texture consistency. Interesting, but definitely not the way I prefer to do the concepts :)

6 comments:

Kan Muftic said...

Oh man, I hear you with that. I feel so sloppy when using photos underneath/overlaye.
Still, great result!

dchan said...

nice you asss! im with you guys, it is a fun technique to play around with when u wanna experiment. anyway nice piece came out of the overlay chaos. nice addition to the overall mood with the characters. nice work thank for sharing biiiiiaaattccchhh!!

SandSekh said...

One more Beautiful work from you :)

ahmad said...

very unique and beautiful :)

Annis Naeem said...

damn dude
thanks for sharing. this is freakin AWESOME!!!

Jaime said...

Love it!