Saturday, November 01, 2008

more color studies

I started to work on that sketch couple of weeks ago but dropt it pretty quick. Decided to refresh it a bit and work around color palette to achive interesting results. I think Im pretty happy with it, altho some areas still are pretty weak.

Working on colors is something I found really exercising recently, as it is a challenge for someone without art-school background. When I'm trying to figure out which colors would fit best into compostion I'm trying to create, I sometimes regret I didn't pick up art school in a first place, to get solid workshop background. When you work in production, you rarely have time to think about in-depth about such a things, as you want to achieve best results with minimum effort. I wish I could have more time to play around colors and learn something more about it with better pace. It's just pure fun.

5 comments:

Animill said...

Hey man big fan of your art style and work. Well I did graphic design and we had quite a decent time studying about color but trust me on this one it's just about practice, you're not missing out too much, probably that or I had a lousy teacher :p (I'm still dealing with complementary colors haven't tackled too much the tertiary and the other varieties) good luck and can't wait to see more of your stuff

Timmy H said...

Outstanding work, I really like your sketches. I think they show the understanding of colour, tone and form that make your more finished pieces so successfull. Really inspiring stuff. Your websites great too, but I can't get the CGtalk camera move to play in quicktime - which codec does it need please?

Cptobvious said...

codec im using is h264, you can get it with latest fddshow.
cheers

dchan said...

Amazing stuff you got over here I am totally inspired. cheers see you at work!

Daniel Xiao said...

beautiful work!